AIA-WJ Emerging Professionals Community (EPiC) held our June social event on Friday, June 17th at "Art After 5" in the Great Hall of the Philadelphia Art Museum. EPiC members gathered on the balcony to listen to music by Brazilian samba musician Rogê, while networking and discussing the recent activity of the EPiC board and AIA-NJ. Those in attendance were a combination of associates and licensed EPs, and the conversation turned from upcoming changes to the IDP[...]
Welcome to the official website of the American Institute of Architects, West Jersey Section.
AIAWJ Section NewsAIA members from all over the county convened in Philadelphia, May 18-21, 2016 for the AIA National Convention. The convention offered entertaining and provocative Keynote Speakers, a plethora of networking opportunities, and over five hundred (500) seminars to enhance professional skills. For the first time ever, in fact the AIA membership voted to change the organization's By-Laws to allow it, the AIA Gold Medal was awarded to a DUO of architects. Denise Scott-Brown was in attendance[...]AIA West Jersey Emerging Professionals met at local brewery, Double Nickel Brewing Co. in Pennsauken, to network with colleagues in the profession, tour the brewery and share our opinions on the tap list. The brewery tour was lead by Drew Perry, General Manager and Head Brewer at Double Nickel. Drew provided an informative tour highlighting the building features and the processes by which beer is made. The tasting room features floor to ceiling glass walls that allow patrons[...]Exciting news! Our event this Thursday, April 28th, has a new name and now offers 2 CEUs (LUs not HSW) towards your continuing education credits. Last call so RSVP today! Join us for "Breaking Beer: Networking with Emerging Professionals" at Double Nickel Brewing Co. in Pennsauken, as we meet local colleagues to discussion the profession, tour the brewery and share our opinions on the tap list. The AIA WJ Emerging Professionals Community extends a special invitation to[...]In case you missed it: The AIA West Jersey Emerging Professionals Community (EPiC) convened on Tuesday evening, March 29th at Rockhill Restaurant in Cherry Hill for our monthly Seminar and Social Event. The seminar featured a tour of the facility conducted by Brad Barker, AIA of The Bannett Group, and project manager for the design of the restaurant. We began by walking the outside of the building and discussing the history of the site, how it was[...]
- Update on AIA Emeritus Status July 20, 2016Emeritus Status – Waiver of Age Requirement At the AIA Convention recently held in Philadelphia, a vote was held at the Annual Business Meeting regarding an optional waiver process for submitting for Emeritus membership. Emeritus Membership is available to Architect members who has been a member in good standing of AIA for 15 successive years, are 70 years or older and retired. Based […]
- IDP is Now AXP July 20, 2016Did you know IDP is now AXP ? The Architectural Experience Program (AXP), formerly the Intern Development Program (IDP), launched June 29. See the NCARB website for details. Be sure to update your online resource pages to reflect the new name as follows: Replace “IDP” with “the Architectural Experience Program (AXP), formerly the Intern Development Program (IDP)” […]
- Emerge by AIAU Launched July 20, 2016Emerge by AIAU is a new resource providing emerging professionals on the path towards licensure with experience hours through online learning modules. Are you currently completing NCARB’s Architectural Experience Program? Emerge by AIAU is a great way for emerging professionals to gain extra experience hours. We provide the tools you need to get on track […]
- AIA Convention Reception Winner July 20, 2016Congratulations Michael Frame, Assoc. AIA An AIA-NJ member, he was recently announced to be one of the winners of the 2016 AIA Convention New Members Reception. Winners were randomly selected among those who attended the New Members Reception and submitted an entry for the drawing at AIA Convention in Philadelphia, PA.
- SURVEY – Business Models for Small Architectural Firms July 20, 2016The Small Firm Exchange (SFx – previously called the Small Firm Roundtable, or SFRT) seeks the anonymous input of small architectural firms (10 persons or fewer) on a variety of business practices. Below is a full article by Kevin Harris, FAIA explaining the request. This article will soon appear in the CRAN Journal. But, to help […]
- Update on AIA Emeritus Status July 20, 2016
AIA West Jersey Events