Over the years, AIA West Jersey [AIAWJ] has been serving its members by providing quality continuing education programs, field trips, social outings and general meetings for professional camaraderie. We are currently looking for members to get involved with our Executive committee for 2018.
AIA West Jersey serves as your voice in state issues affecting the architectural profession. As a volunteer organization, the officers on the Executive Committee serve one or two year terms, continuing on as other capacities and culminating as President. The continuity of the Board allows the Board members to learn from their predecessors, making the transition easier and allowing for an efficient operation of the Chapter.
Serving on the AIA West Jersey Executive Committee is a great avenue for professional development. Nowhere else in our profession will you get the opportunity to affect how architecture is practiced in New Jersey. You will also become part of the AIA New Jersey [AIANJ] representation as AIA works on a national scale for the betterment of our profession. It may seem humbling to have this opportunity; however, your voice is exactly what is needed, regardless of your professional status. Board members include project managers and single practitioners, to principals of larger firms. All that is required is a desire to improve the architectural profession.
AIA West Jersey is pleased to announce the proposed 2018 Slate of Officers:
- President: Mark Barone, AIA
- Past President: Jason Lutz, AIA
- Vice President: Jessica O’Donnell, AIA
- Treasurer: Troy Harris, AIA, LEED AP
- Secretary: Open Position
- AIANJ EPiC Liasion: Open Position
- Trustee: John Glaviano, AIA
- Trustee: Dave Lummis, AIA
- Trustee: Open Position
- Trustee: Open Position
2018 Open Position Descriptions:
- Secretary: Two year term. Responsabilities: attend monthly executive board meetings and keep minutes of the proceedings, coordinate with AIA NJ for AIAWJ event publication notice, update membership roster & coordinate with AIA NJ, assist the president and president elect with newsletters & email blasts, and publish relevant AIA information on AIA West Jersey social media outlets.
- EPiC Section Director [Emerging Professionals Community]: One year term. Responsibilities: attend monthly executive board meetings, serve as the conduit between AIA NJ EPiC and AIA West Jersey through a monthly teleconference and assist the executive board with developing & planning Emerging Professional events (socail, networking, educational).
- Trustee: One year Term. Responsibilities: attend montly executive board meetings and assist the executive board with developing & planning general membership meeting topics.
We encourage you to become involved and help shape your local AIA Component – no previous board experience is required. Interested candidates should email a brief statement of interest (500 words maximum) to Mark Barone, AIA at firstname.lastname@example.org mail a written statement of interest to P.O. Box 4015, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034. All statements of interest must be recieved by end of business on October 30, 2017.
Please reach out if you have any questions about getting more involved with AIA West Jersey. We look forward to hearing from you!