Date: February 2 — 5, 2011
Location: Grand Hyatt Washington
- Register Now
- Sign in using your AIA account information (if you don’t have an account, you’ll be prompted to create one)
- Select your registration category (Component President, Component President-elect, etc.)
- Check the box with the applicable event fee
- Select Add to Cart
- Select sessions and select the location you plan to attend. You must select a location.
- Complete your registration as directed
If you experience difficulties with online registration please download a registration form and return via email to email@example.com or fax to 202-639-7624. If you have questions contact 800-242-3837.
Continuing the Grassroots tradition, component presidents and presidents-elect, emerging professional, knowledge community leaders, members of the AIA national board of directors, AIA national component staff, executive directors and component staff will hone their leadership skills and attend workshops that are specifically designed for them.
Members will be given the opportunity to provide input on AIA initiatives and share information and ideas with their counterparts from around the country. The agenda also includes a dynamic legislative conference and workshops designed to help members become effective chapter and civic leaders.
• Share best practices and knowledge to help shape a more robust Institute
• Reveal successes realized in the 2010-2015 Strategic Plan, celebrating local and state accomplishments
• Advocate for the profession on Capitol Hill
• Optimize the Member Congress experience
The Grassroots Ad Hoc Committee, led by 2011 President-elect and Grassroots Chair Jeffery Potter, FAIA, is working diligently to design a more information rich and inspirational conference that will meet the special leadership needs of AIA’s member groups.
Significant innovations underway include:
• More Opportunities to Network. AIA national committee meetings and other member group meeting should be scheduled only on Tuesday, February 1 or Saturday, February 5.
• An Advocacy Luncheon on Wednesday. Get a head start on how to advocate the Institute’s legislative agenda to members of Congress.
• More Leadership Development Training. There will be additional opportunities to make your Grassroots experience more valuable by attending one of six half-day professional development workshops on Wednesday, February 2 or Saturday, February 5.
• Spreading the wealth of the Awards Celebration. Award recipients will be acknowledged throughout the conference as inspirational case studies of innovation and achievement.
Join your fellow leaders, Wednesday, February 2 through Saturday, February 5 in Washington, D.C. for programming designed to encourage collaboration, engagement, and inspiration.